The game is a mixture of real-time strategy and defense game, and settled in the Darkness
Springs universe for a simple reason: I was able to simply reuse the graphics of Darkness Springs. It also shares the iso rendering, menu system and AI code with that role playing game, so it wasn't that much work.
But I'm not sure about the gameplay yet, so any constructive feedback is welcome. If there is some interest, I'll also write some blog posts about the technical details of that game in a following blog post.
thirteen comments, already:
pretty nice for a ‘prototype’! Have to play it a bit more now…
puh - 17 08 09 - 16:42
You’re right, I corrected the title a bit :)
niko - 17 08 09 - 18:14
It would be nice to read those posts about the technical details… :)
lobo_tuerto () (link) - 17 08 09 - 18:24
Very Very cool. Great work for a single person.
kinjalkishor () - 17 08 09 - 18:58
I would also like to read something about the technical details. It’s always interesting to see how the different parts in a game work together :)
julien - 17 08 09 - 19:39
very nice. What about doing a mmorpg using Stratus (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/strat..) ?
stef_ - 17 08 09 - 20:05
Very nice work.. here is a list of bugs i found and features i thought should be in there..
1) A tower between two buildings is unselectable.. here is an example: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/ko..
the fire tower in the middle is unselectable
2) The camera moves on the click bases not on the (what i expected to be normal) point and drag movement.. This is especially problematic as towers are a bit tricky to select and then the camera focuses on the miss clicked point which can be annoying..
3) You can sell a previous building and still build a new one or its towers.. for example if i sell the fire guild but have already built one ice guild then i can still make an ice tower and ice guild.. that is supposed to be like this?
BTW a very nice game i got hooked to it already :D..
Rapchik () - 18 08 09 - 16:39
Hi. I think that it’s a good game, but i have some things to comment:
– I think it would be better if the camera move when you move yout mouse to bounds, because sometimes it’s difficult to move correctly when you move fast the camera.
– it’d be great if you can choose the towers’ target, for example, the mages or something similar.
Juanxo - 19 08 09 - 03:41
thanks for the feedback! it’s now already a bit improved (selecting buildings for example), but I’m going to improve it further
niko - 19 08 09 - 08:48
Nice game. It would be nice to have the choice to keep the castle that was built up.
sam123 () - 19 08 09 - 14:20
A tower in a northern corner is unselectable (when surrounded by walls to the south-western and south-eastern side).
When deleting a wall (between two other wall elements) I could not build a tower there instead (it tells me that there is no space)
Andi - 19 08 09 - 14:24
hm, strange andi, both works for me… but i’ll retry later :)
niko - 19 08 09 - 15:10
Big potential to be a really sweet game, could use a couple different towers / upgrades, some monsters should have immunity to certain towers, and the endless game ends with monsters at lvl 50 :( Left my comp for a few hours and nothing killed me
Fletcher () - 03 09 09 - 17:07